Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Thank Goodness Snowstorm Skylar is Heading Out to Sea

I have had my fill of winter storms, yes, truly I have.  I don't mind them in February, our usual month for such snow, but I like March to give me a little taste of spring, not winter.
When it petered out, we had 12" of the white stuff.  Oh yes, the land looks divine covered in all that white drapery.  I, luckily, did not have any power outages at all this month, for which I am grateful.
Here's some of the beauty Skylar left behind.....
These were all taken at 7 a.m. during our (dog and I) first walk of the day.

Penny, my corgi, tried to make a pathway for herself but it was hard going.

The river's bridge had its usual morning traffic, not heavy, but an occasional car or truck crossed into the next town.

The paper bark birches were covered in snow, hiding the peeling sheets of white bark.

Most of the trees were dressed in white.

At seven a.m. the lights are still on around here.

Happily with no power outages I was able to continue to work on my Victorian Lady.  The hardest part?   Trying to think of a name for her.  But with her wearing green and with red hair, I named her Colleen, a lovely Irish word meaning 'girl' which is so appropriate for St. Patrick's Day coming in a few days.

I was also able to cook some Italian sauce in which I had ground beef, steak, and chicken.  A plethora of good things to eat with my spaghetti for dinner last nite.  I may not be Italian, but I married into an Italian family and enjoy the tasty foods that come with the territory.   Mmmm good.

I have to get back to my sewing so I can post "Colleen" for you later today.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment