Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Finished 2 "Thru A Window" Wall Hangings

I finished two of my Thru a Window wall hangings today as I waited for Snowstorm Quinn to arrive.  As I write this, our snow has started to fall.

Here is "Chickens.....Thru a French Window."   It measures 11 1/2" by 14" and is ideal for my front door.
As you can see, the Rolled Back Binding works well for anything that looks like a frame or a window.  I enjoyed trying this method.  It will also be a good method for a narrow edging around a quilt piece.
I also took photos as I went along and will post them and the instructions on another day.  We may be losing power with this storm, so it may take a few days.

This one I especially like, "Cows.....Thru An Open Window" which is so colorful and a little larger at 15 1/2" square.  Another one for my front door.

Quinn is on its way with an expected 18"to 20" for our area of southern Maine.  It will lose energy and drop less snow north of us, maybe 12" to 16" which is better for them.

I am all set for loss of power and hope should we lose it, and we very may will with such heavy snow falling on tree limbs that will break under the weight and snap lines, I am ready.  I just hope it does not extend more than 24 hours so my frozen foods stay frozen while I keep the fridge doors shut.
I have canned chicken, tuna and sardines ready along with peanut butter, bread, and lots of soda pop.  My Brita water pitcher is full of fresh cold water.  I made a batch of Italian Wine Cookies yesterday so I have some sweets I can depend on as well.
Luckily here we do not lose our water during a storm as we did at my former living quarters with an electric pump for the well.
My battery lamps are set to light my way thru my apt.
I think losing power should be an ideal way to catch up on my sleep when I am not reading.  Oh, yes, I have a few good books at the ready.
And being a quilter, I have a number of large and medium quilts stashed on the shelf in case they are needed by my corgi and I for warmth.

To all those in Quinn's path, I wish you luck and if you lose power, just for a short time.

Good luck friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment