Thursday, March 8, 2018

Snowstorm Quinn Has Arrived this March 8, 2018

It started yesterday, but there's more of it today.
I took out Penny at 7 a.m. this morning to 6.5 inches of snow.  She would not go beyond the edge of the patio where the snow was partially covered by the roof and kept under a few inches.  With her short legs, she'd have to leap thru the snow along the garden path right now.

The snow is sort of wet and heavy but not too bad I don't think, which is why that so far we have not lost our power.  As a rule, we are among the first to lose that precious commodity.

Since I like to work with birch trees in my scenic wall hangings, I was sure to take a photo of ours in the garden beside the Pampas grass.  The snow is fine as it falls right now.

At noontime for another doggy walk outdoors, this was our view and I measured with my yardstick once again and its 7.75" of the white stuff and still coming down, but very tiny flakes and sparse.  I am hoping it is blowing itself out by now since it started late yesterday afternoon.

I am in a housecleaning mode today.  Spring cleaning we used to call it.  Time to go thru my closets of which I only have two, and toss out what I never use.  I also need to make room for 3 cartons of paperback books out of my walk-in and set somewhere else.  I think I have an idea.

My brain has also been working overtime with designs, designs, designs.  I have a lovely waterfall panel with a horse in it and have finally decided on how to present it in a wall hanging.  After much debate on choices, I think "Waterfall.....Thru a Barn Doorway" with a brick floor and brown wood panel doors.

Also, I told you I adore birch trees, so I took a few photos of ours in the garden and have drawn a rough draft of a scenic wall hanging.  This one with birch trees, a black cat sitting under them watching either a butterfly or a fairy, the background still undecided.  I have wandered back and forth thru 3 different renderings so far.

This is what keeps me up at night and again in the morning when I try to catch a few more zzzzzs after taking out Penny for her first morning walk.  I don't get to sleep til after one or two a.m., sometimes three, so I try to catch some more sleep after that morning walk, at least a couple hours.

Well folks, I hope those in the path of snowstorm Quinn fared pretty well and if you lost power, hopefully not for long.  I'm crossing my fingers that we don't lose ours today.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment