Sunday, March 18, 2018

Tater Tots With Meat Loaf?

I keep hearing about folks making dishes with Tater Tots.  Meats and casseroles and all manner of dishes.  Sounds good.

I didn't have any Tater Tots but I DID have frozen Crispy Crowns made of Shredded Potato Rounds.  Hey, they looked the same to me, only a bit smaller.
I made up my meat loaf mixture.
Oiled the 6 large-size muffin pans.
Slipped 4 of the little Crowns in the bottom of each slot and topped with my meatloaf mixture.
Oven-Baked them as usual at 350*F for about a half hour or til the meat is done, as you like it.
When scooping out the meatloaf, I found the potatoes had broken down and looked more like hash.  It didn't hurt the flavor at all and the taters were cooked to perfection.  I think next time I will put more of the little Crowns under the meat, maybe 6 or 7 instead of the 4 I used this time.  IF I have the larger Tater Tots, maybe only 4 would be fine.  I have to admit that more potatoes for me is always a winner.

The whole thing was very tasty folks.   So even if you do not have Tater Tots, try what you have on hand, maybe some hash browns, maybe some little round crispy crowns, and see what you think.  It was a change from my thinly-sliced potatoes that I have to pre-cook in the pan for about 20 minutes (at 450*) before turning down the heat and adding the meatloaf.

Here in southern Maine, no snow in sight any longer but only in the 20sF during the day, but sunny.
Have a nice day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment