Saturday, April 8, 2017

Homemade Hash Browns

I enjoy hash browns in the mornings, when I'm having an early brunch.  Making them myself brings an added flavor you can't find in the frozen ones.
A good time to prep hash browns is when making my potato salad.  I peel and cube more than I need for the salad and when its boiled and tender, I separate some for each production.

Heat some oil in a large skillet and add the boiled potatoes.  Then add a few tablespoons of butter.  The butter will add a distinct pleasing flavor to your hash browns.  Salt and pepper the contents to your taste.  I also add some season salt for a bit more flavor.

Flatten down the potatoes so they have good connection to the skillet.  You want them to brown well.  Saute these flattened and don't turn til they have some good color on the underside.

I lift a corner to see how the underside is doing.  When I like the color, I flip the potatoes over to cook on the other side.

When the color is to your liking, on both sides, they are done. 

I place mine in a covered container to use as needed for the next few days.  They are fine reheated in the microwave. 

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment