Friday, April 28, 2017

I Made Pizzals Today.

Not pizzelles, the flattened cookie that has grooves in it, but pizzals (little pizza dough) that you fry in hot oil.

I took a shortcut today.  I made them from frozen pizza dough.  I just defrosted a lump from the freezer in the late morning and it was ready to fry by suppertime.
First I shaped the thawed dough into a long torpedo on a floured board.

While vegetable oil heated in a small skillet (I like using a small one to have more control over the cooking process) I cut the dough into sections and flattened each piece with my fingers to get the air bubbles out of it.  I only cover the bottom of the skillet with about a half inch of oil.

When the oil started to shimmer, I dropped two pizzals into the skillet.  I let them cook on the underside, and when the edges were turning brown, I turned them over to cook on the other side.

You can top them with whatever topping your prefer.  Some like cinnamon sugar, some like powdered sugar, others a combo of the first two, some like a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.   Some folks just like them plain without any topping.   I prefer plain sugar on mine.

You can keep these in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave as wanted.

Hey, there was a bit of sunshine this afternoon.  I took Penny out and brushed her coat and plucked out the clumps.  She, a corgi,  doesn't shed like most dogs.  Her hair clumps up in a lump and its easily pulled out.  It doesn't hurt her at all.  She looked so much better when finished.

Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment