Thursday, April 20, 2017

Water Lily Fairy with Leading

I got the leading done on this wallhanging.
She measures 14 by 18 inches long without any border.  I still have to remove the back papers and get it layered, pinned and quilted.

Here's a close-up of the critter on the small lily pad.

The close-up of the dragon fly.

Here's the Water Lily Fairy.  I see there are a few spots I need to touch up a bit but overall, I'm pretty satisfied at how this came out.  A narrow border in a pretty color should add some nice detail to it.

Its a gloomy day here today.  It rained a lot last nite and dropped into the 30sF so I had to wear my heavy winter jacket when I took out Pen for her last walk of the day.  It was very gusty out as well.

The Canada Geese left the same afternoon, and the swallows are coming back.  I saw a couple of them fighting and rolling on the ground, probably trying to impress a gal who was hopping around nearby, waiting to see who was the victor in this skirmish.  The swallow condo itself has only had visitors checking the openings but I see no tenants at the moment.

Have a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. What is better than fairies & dragonflies!! Just BEE-utiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete