Thursday, April 6, 2017

My Finished 'Mini-Pink Roses" Wallhanging.

Now that the gift arrived at my friend's house, I can post the finished wallhanging here.

I made this small so it could fit on any cabinet or in any corner of the house.  Its only 8.5 by 11 inches, done in the Replique technique, which is upside-down applique.

Here's a closer view.  The leading is done with black satin-stitching.

Its the same technique that I used for The Hummingbird which took a first place in a quilt show some years ago.  It happens to be my favorite way to do applique work and I use it for my art quilts all the time now. 

This one, Blue Butterfly, I have hanging over a door.  It makes me think spring every time I pass it.  Surely spring is right around the corner now for those of us in the northeast.

My latest two fairy wallhangings and my latest Flowers in Season are all three in Replique and all are in progress as I write, some further along than others.  I must get back to them.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment