Thursday, March 16, 2017

As You Can See, I'm Not Perfect.

I wanted to quilt my two wall hangings today, but in trying to set up my machine, I must have forgotten something important.  It just wasn't working right.  I practiced on a triple layer of fabric to represent a quilt layer and thought I had all the settings right.

Here is one of my practice pieces.  As you can see, the free-motion stitching wasn't doing its thing at all.  It jumped and looped and skipped all over the place.
I reset it over and over and even cleaned out the insides and changed the needle.  Still no luck.

What you see here are 'mare's nests' on the underside.  Not very pretty, is it.  I wracked my brain on how to make it right.  Tried this and that.  Spent hours trying to fix the problem.  My brain is worn out so I've set the quilting projects aside to figure out tomorrow.   Sometimes one just has to forget a problem for a day and go back to it the next day.

I'm tired and thinking I could use a smile or two.  Here are some excuses written to teachers for children who had to be excused from class for one reason or another.  Smile.

Dear School:  Please excuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32. 

Please excuse Gloria from Jim today.  She is administrating.

Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football.  He was hurt in his growing part.

                    Please excuse Ray from school Friday.  He had very loose vowels.

          Please excuse Tom from being absent yesterday.  He had diarrhea and his boots leak.

                     Please excuse Jimmy from being.  It was his father's fault.

I hope you had a smile.  I did.  Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment