Thursday, March 2, 2017

I Had a Craving for Pizza Last Nite.

There are times I just have cravings for one thing or another.  Last nite it was pizza so I made some.
I usually make mine with dough made in my bread maker or frozen from the grocery store.  Last nite it was the frozen kind.
One tip about using it.  After it defrosts, you have to let it 'rest' for about a half hour before using so you can stretch it more easily into shape.  I cut mine in half and stretch it a bit and let it rest on a floured board for 30 mins.
My sauce can be leftovers from making an Italian dish earlier in the week or from a jar.  I'm not that fussy about the sauce.
When I've stretched the rested dough into the shapes I want them (usually rectangular), I lay them on a cornmeal-dusted cookie sheet.

Yup, cornmeal people.  I do NOT oil a sheet pan.  A bit of cornmeal scattered around the sheet and its ready for use.  The dough will not stick and you can easily dust off the excess when the pizza is done baking before you slice it.
As you can see from this photo above, only a minimal amount of cornmeal is needed.

The stretched dough is laid on the sheet pans.
Next a layer of sauce is spread evenly over the dough.
Shredded Mozzarella cheese goes on next, a lot or a little depending on your personal likes.
For mine I next add sliced pepperoni over the cheese.
My piece de resistance is ground beef on top. Not just plain ground beef.

I put a half pound of ground beef in a sauce pan to brown.  Drain the excess fat. 
Add 2 or 3 tablespoonsful of sauce to the beef and stir together then simmer about 5 mins. so it gets nice and tasty.  I don't want it dripping with sauce, just colored and zestier than plain.
The ground beef, or hamburger as I call it, is then sprinkled over the tops of my pizzas.
As you can see from this photo, I like lots of ground beef on my pizza.
You can, of course, put on whatever you like best.  You can make it completely veggie if you like or add gobs of cheeses and even pineapple.  I stick with ground beef for my particular taste.
Try your own version of pizza.  Its fun and tasty.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing person Sandra!!! Not only are you super duper sweet, you are also dog gone talented in many areas!!! I really can say that you are what i wish to be in so many ways!! I swear that i will get down to see you this year!!!! I plan on renting a car since my hubby has got mine in kind of bad shape. Also since he is working again we will have the money for me to do it unlike last year when i wanted to come visit. I am so happy you are back to blogging again!!! OH HAPPY DAYS :-) TTYL

    ReplyDelete