Monday, March 13, 2017

We Have Mallards on the Reservoir

I've tried to get pics of this pair of Mallard ducks, but the sun was too bright in my eyes and I couldn't quite focus most of my shots in the right area.  But this one caught them.
Check out the upper right quarter.  One duck in the pond and the other one is behind a twig, in the center of the photo in the upper section.  I'll try to get better shots sometime soon.  They seem to be living here.  I've seen them several days now.  The reservoir has fish, and its quieter flowing than the river itself, so a good place to hunt for food.  The reeds along the shoreline make good cover and sleeping quarters for the pair.

Now it's time for a bit of humor.  A laugh or two each day or even a few smiles can help one feel so much better to deal with the day.

Student Blunders

The wrong word....

Having more than one wife is called monotony.
When a man has more than one wife, he's called a pigamist.
A man who marries twice commits bigotry. 
Acrimony is what a man gives his divorced wife.
Each Thanksgiving it is a tradition for my family to shoot peasants.

And here's a few more smilers........

A virgin forest is a place where the hand of man has never set foot.

Although the patient has never been fatally ill before, he woke up dead.

It is bad manners to break your bread and roll in the soup.

The problem with intersexual swimming is the boys often outstrip the girls.

Running is a unique experience and I thank God for exposing me to the track team.

The dog ran across the lawn, emitting whelps all the way.

I hope at least one of these brought a smile.
Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment