Sunday, March 19, 2017

I Made a Start on "Spring FLowers' Wall Hanging.

First, lets start with a smile from the courtroom.......

Q.  James stood back and shot Tommy Lee.
A.  Yes.
Q.  And then Tommy Lee pulled out his gun and shot James in the fracas?
A.   (after a brief hesitation)  No, sir, just above it.

Q.  Doctor, did you say he was shot in the woods?
A.  No, I said he was shot in the lumbar region.

Q.  Now Mrs. Johnson, how was your first marriage terminated?
A.  By death.
Q.  And by whose death was it terminated? 

Q.  What is your name?
A.  Esmerelda Smith
Q.  And what is your marital status?
A.  Fair

Have you smiled yet?  Now for the rest of this post......


I haven't done too much today.  I allow Sunday as my day of rest when I'm in the throes of sewing projects but I kept worrying about the vase's fabric.  I finally came to a decision so I added it.
The original fabric had fairies too large to show up well so I found this one and liked it.  The straight stitching here just holds the fabric in place before the work begins on satin-stitching.

This is part of the patch of back lawn where the robins feed.  The 17" of snow we had completely blew off this knob of land so it worked out fine for the early arrivals, fooled by the warm weather we had a couple weeks ago and flying in a bit early.

The river and reservoir are today free of the thin layer of ice produced by Storm Stella.

My African Violet is still blooming.  When I get out to shop, I'll try to find it a companion or two.  I love African Violets.

To greet any guests who come visiting, I took down the Leprechaun and put up this Easter Bunny.  It almost feels like spring when I see it.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment